Account Manager and Business Development Manager
Location: London, UK
Egress is now looking for Account Managers and Business Development Managers!
Egress is now looking to hire two Business Development Managers (new business-focused) and two Account Managers (focused on existing accounts) for our UK corporate sales team!
Why are we growing so fast? Egress is a market leader in intelligent, people-centric data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards. Over 5.5 million people use our software, we have over 2,500 clients, and we are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - which will allows us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
In our experience, most data security companies seem to focus on one of only two ways of sharing data – either the sending or receiving of information via email, or the sharing of data via file sharing collaboration tools. Very few software providers connect both, however we have a suite of solutions that allow our clients to do just that. We are the only company in the world that uses risk-based protection and machine learning to establish how you should protect your date before you share it, and the only company in the UK to be government certified in the field of email encryption.
Welcome to a different kind of sales role in a different kind of company. We are looking for seriously ambitious salespeople who have a fearless approach to selling and building long lasting relationships.
If you purely want to win new business in the field, working on leads that our BDR, marketing team, and channel partners are helping to generate - you can do that! If you want to spend your time managing accounts - whether small business, mid-market, or enterprise-level (dependant on experience)- you can do that too! There are different roles available with plenty of flexibility - both working some days from home, as well as from our London office when you are not out on meetings.
Our Sales Team plays a vital part in the continuous success of Egress. In these roles you will be given all the training needed to become a subject matter expert and a specialist in your vertical.
Responsibilities can include:
• Seeking new business opportunities by targeting existing and / or new customers
• You could be given a generous area to prospect full of potential new business clients where you can maximise your hunting ability
• You could be a given an awesome base of accounts to work with, as well as creating more opportunities for them to benefit from
• Developing an understanding of the client's business challenges and advising them on ways in which Egress solutions can be used to address those challenges
• Arranging and attending remote or on-site visits and meetings with existing customers, which includes travel UK-wide
• Promoting Egress products, services, training and consultancy
• Devise creative and effective sales approaches to negotiate and close deals
• Ensuring customer interactions are updated regularly in the company CRM system
• Researching the competitive landscape and sharing this information with your sales colleagues
• Actively participating in events and seminars
Full training in the company’s product portfolio and sales methodology will be provided to you. Our Corporate Sales Director has spent nearly 20 years of his career helping SaaS companies hire and train sellers to become rockstars.
The potential to progress in every role - whether that is 'progression' in the form of working on larger accounts or markets, relocating to one of our offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Toronto or Sheffield, or management opportunities. The fastest growing companies offer the best opportunities for progression!
• The subject of your degree is not important, but you must have a passion for sales coupled with a genuine interest in the application of IT in a business environment
• You must possess a natural communication style, and have outstanding interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a wider team
• You should be competitive, driven and have the ability to deliver against set targets
• You must currently live, or be willing to relocate to, a commutable distance from our London office
• You must have a UK Driving License
How much experience do I need?
For our client-facing sales roles our preference is that you have at least one year of experience selling on behalf of an IT company
However, the more relevant experience you have selling - whether that be selling software, services, or perhaps a totally different service to IT companies - then get in touch. Anything from one year to four years’ experience is ideal
• The potential to progress quickly to positions of greater responsibility and earning potential – which could exceed that of peers in larger organisations
• Uncapped commission – so plenty of earning potential. Basic salaries are more than competitive, with OTE's double your basic at least
• 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully-funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Work-hard, play-hard culture
• Pension scheme
• BUPA Private Health Cover
• Retail / Gym Discount Scheme