Technical Services Placement 2020
We are offering an exceptional opportunity for an undergraduate to take part in a 12-month placement in our Tech Services team as part of your university degree based in our London office commencing in Summer 2021.
Egress Software Technologies is now looking for a new Technical Services Placement!
Position: Technical Services Placement
Location: White Collar Factory, Old Street, London
Role Requirements: Second Year Undergraduate Student at a UK-based University, predicted a 2:1 or above in an IT/Business-related degree
Duration: 12 months, commencing Summer 2021
Salary: £18,000 per Annum
Who are Egress?
Our vision is for a connected world in which people communicate efficiently and securely. To achieve this, we provide human layer security to protect individual users and stop breaches before they happen. Our patented technologies are built using leading-edge contextual machine learning and powerful encryption that mitigate modern risks in ways that other solutions simply can’t achieve. Today, we provide intelligent email security and collaboration solutions that prevent accidental and intentional breaches, protect sensitive data, and equip CISOs and their teams with the detailed reporting required for compliance purposes.
Egress is headquartered in London, with regional offices in the UK, the US, Canada and the Netherlands.
Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices has been recognised at The National Undergraduate Employability Awards, where we have been shortlisted four years in a row for the ‘Best Small to Medium-sized Employer’.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering the exceptional opportunity to join our Technical Services team. This candidate will be an undergraduate student looking to undertake a 12-month placement in our Technical Services department as part of their university degree, commencing Summer 2021.
Our Placement community consists of ambitious team players with excellent interpersonal skills and a get-up-and-go attitude. Our fast-paced growth and unique company culture welcomes new employees and inspires them to thrive.
What would I be doing as Technical Services Placement?
Our Technical Services Engineers are the lynchpins of our customer-facing technical teams, working in both a pre-sales and post-sales capacity. You will report to the Technical Services Manager.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and assisting the wider Technical Services team with customer deployments
- Liaising directly with Egress customers and supporting them with any issues during the deployment cycle
- Working with customers to maximise usage of their chosen products
- Working on strategic programmes set by management to upgrade customers
- Becoming an expert using our CRM system – becoming the ‘go-to’ person for system queries
- Maintaining orders within our CRM System – ensuring all orders are kept up-to-date and accurate
- Provide regular reports for KPIs - across the pre and post sales teams to management
- Managing a centralised inbox for technical requests coming in from other parts of the business
Who is Egress looking for?
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic second year student who is studying at a UK-based university, predicted a 2:1 or above in a Computing/Business-related degree.
The student must have a solid technical background and a strong desire to succeed and pursue a career in Technical Services. We seek candidates who thrive on challenges and constantly seek to extend their technical portfolio. The ideal candidate will have:
- An aptitude for understanding IT systems, and highly technical solutions
- Detail oriented who will help chase the team for updates
- Excellent listening and discovery-process skills
- An ability to map technical solutions to customer needs / business objectives
- A core understanding of Windows, Mac and mobile platforms
- Demonstrable relationship building skills with the ability to network at a technical level
- Excellent technical and fault-finding skills
- You will possess a natural communication style and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Some exposure to IT security/encryption solutions (desirable, but not essential)
To protect the wellbeing of our employees, our company policy states that all employees must live within a 90-minute commute or be willing to relocate for the year.
The role will be based at Egress’ headquarters in Old Street, London. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented a number of working from home measures at Egress. Pre-pandemic, every Egress office was a fantastic place to work. Now, with remote working the ‘new normal’, we’ve made sure that we’ve kept the great office atmosphere, wherever you’re working. Weekly all staff calls, our new ‘Home Working Legend of the Week’ award, and regular giveaways mean the Egress culture is definitely still in full flow.
How can I apply?
If you think you could be our next Technical Services Placement Student, please send us your CV and accompanying Cover Letter. Please note that applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is 18th January 2021
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.