If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in Software Engineering.
Our Prevent team are involved in the development of lightning-fast microservices which form the back-end of two core products: Prevent Application and Reporting. We work with Big Data sets to provide risk-assessments to users in real time and leverage this using Machine Learning algorithms. As a team we tick most of the buzz words going in tech right now so it's an exciting team to be a part of!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll play a huge role across both the architecture and development of our products, turning our roadmap into reality and delivering essential services to our customer.
This role is a full-time, permanent position. With your help we will:
- Design, implement and maintain backend software to secure critical communication systems, primarily using .NET technology stack on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Automate solution delivery by producing reusable tools and scripting built with PowerShell, Terraform, and Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- Design and embed platform monitoring to ensure production metrics deliver capacity and availability monitoring.
- Investigate root causes of issues, including in production, when multiple systems and products are involved, or assist other teams in doing so.
- Lead by example in software engineering and communication.
- Work closely with other developers and testers to deliver shippable and deployable software that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Embrace and research new technologies working with Innovation to keep Egress at the forefront of Cyber Security Technologies.
- Work closely with the Site Reliability Engineering team to ensure standardised practices for reducing unplanned downtime, and with the Security team to ensure best practices security is applied.
Any experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Experience with ASP.Net Core
- Experience with Vue.js or similar
- Experience with Node.js & Express
- Experience with Microsoft's Azure or AWS Platform
- Comfortable in the terminal and with command line development tools
- Experience in working with Linux containers, preferably with Kubernetes
- Experience within a continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) environment
- Experience with databases (e.g. NoSQL, PostgreSQL))
- Strong in Object Oriented Programming, MVC, Design patterns and SOLID principles
- Experience with Sass/CSS3 and Bootstrap framework
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Webpack
- Ability to build and improve a REST/JSON API client
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Solid web development principles and knowledge of front-end performance practices
- First-hand experience with Agile development methodologies
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (Including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.