Senior Software Developer (.NET)
Join our Development team in Sheffield
Egress Software Technologies are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented software developers to join our growing team. At the forefront of the IT security and encryption industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in software development.
You will be comfortable working in a small team of expert developers, taking the lead on the Web front end elements of our solutions. This team creates both desktop, web and mobile cross platform applications development for our market leading email encryption product.
Responsibilities will include:
You'll help us to; design, implement and maintain software to secure critical communication systems. Lead by example and improve our engineering practices and standards. Working collaboratively with other; Developers, QA's and Product teams to deliver shippable software that meets and exceeds customers expectations. You'll play a key part in researching new technologies that will help improve our products and services.
We’re looking for an experienced C# Developer with knowledge of .NET framework and related technologies;
- Experience with one or more of the following, WPF, ASP .NET MVC, .NET Standard, .NET Core
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Habits of writing secure code and ability to audit work of other developers.
You’ll also have the chance to work with the following;
- Azure DevOps
- PowerShell and/or other scripting languages
- Experience in IIS Configuration
- Experience with writing and consuming RESTful services
- Docker/ Linux experience
- Microsoft Graph API
- Data security patterns, protocols and standards (encryption, PKI, TLS etc.) and practical implementation of these in the .NET framework
- Authentication frameworks experience (Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Identity Foundation, LDAP, Single-sign-on)
- Email systems, gateways, MIME, Microsoft Exchange, Exchange 365
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- 25 days annual leave
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Invite to our company Tech Summit (3-day funded retreat)
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Free breakfasts
- Pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus.
It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.