Senior QA Engineer
Join our QA team in Sheffield
Tell me a bit about your team?
The Endpoint team are responsible for the entirety of the development of the Egress Secure Email product across Desktop, Web and Mobile. We work with .NET, deploy using Docker and Microsoft Azure Cloud services an evolving microservice. A key focus of our QA function this year is to improve our automation frameworks, removing the need for repetitive manual testing and increasing the number of releases.
What roles do you have available?
Rather than having separate roles for different functions within the team, all QA Engineers work on manual, performance, systems and automation testing. Our roles have a strong focus on DevOps Engineering, creating test environments and building CI/CD pipelines in Microsoft Azure.
What sort of person are you looking for?
An Engineer who is enthusiastic about testing and DevOps, with a motivation to learn something new whilst bringing in new experiences of testing to our team.
You will ideally have some experience in the following:
- Happy working across Windows & Linux
- Setting up infrastructure environments
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Familiar with Git
- UI and/or API testing e.g. Postman, JMeter
- Object Orientated Programming in any language – e.g. C#, Python
- Some experience with Selenium Webdriver
- Knowledge of the Agile process (Scrum/Kanban)
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- £2000 employee referral scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus.
It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.