Senior QA Engineer
Location: Old Street, London
Egress offers an exciting opportunity for a passionate Senior QA Engineer to join our Development team, sustain our high standards and push them even higher. The successful candidate will have a passion for IT, a meticulous attention to detail, will bring a “What If?” attitude to their daily routine and the ability to learn new skills quickly.
As someone who has a sound base in modern testing practices, you will be working alongside our existing software developers, QA engineers and Product Owners. You will be responsible for delivering market leading software that is of exceptional quality that delights our customers.
The responsibilities in this role include ensuring our testing is of a consistently high-quality across all of our teams. This person will lead by example, and encourage our testers to continuously develop their testing capabilities through leadership and mentoring strategies. This role is important in helping to grow our current talent, and in constantly reviewing our processes and working practices.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an ISEB/ISTQB Certification or similar testing experience.
- Have 4+ years’ experience in a QA tester role.
- Be able to demonstrate your experience in diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving issues in addition to writing your own automated and manual test scripts.
- Be able to demonstrate leading several projects and teams, using Agile methodologies and practices.
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken English, with both technical and not-so-technical people. You will be working closely with other project team members to ensure a smooth delivery of projects and great client outcomes.
- Some experience of technically leading or mentoring team members previously.
For the successful candidate, this role offers a great opportunity for professional and personal development in a software-based IT security organisation.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Helping and advising our testing teams around the best strategies for both manual and automated tests.
- Evaluating our current test strategy, looking for constant development and improvement.
- Ensuring consistency in our software development cycle, and advising our testing and development teams about development frameworks, standards, and guidance.
- Helping with the recruitment of testers.
- Mentoring testers and developers across numerous teams to ensure quality software is delivered.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.