Our Diversity and Belonging Forum is for everyone - just like our workplace.
Join our Placement Programme in London
Position: Sales Placement
Location: White Collar Factory, Old Street, London
Role Requirements: Second Year Undergraduate Student at a UK-based University, predicted a 2:1 or above in any degree
Duration: 12 months, commencing Summer 2022
Salary: £18,000 per Annum plus commission
Who are Egress?
Our vision is for a connected world in which people communicate efficiently and securely. To achieve this, we provide human layer security to protect individual users and stop breaches before they happen. Our patented technologies are built using leading-edge contextual machine learning and powerful encryption that mitigate modern risks in ways that other solutions simply can’t achieve. Today, we provide intelligent email security and collaboration solutions that prevent accidental and intentional breaches, protect sensitive data, and equip CISOs and their teams with the detailed reporting required for compliance purposes.
Egress is headquartered in London, with regional offices in the UK, the US and Canada.
Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices has been recognised at The National Undergraduate Employability Awards, where we have been shortlisted five years in a row for the ‘Best small to Medium-sized Employer’.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering the exceptional opportunity to join our Sales team. This candidate will be an undergraduate student looking to undertake a 12-month placement in our Sales department as part of their university degree, commencing Summer 2022.
Our Placement community consists of ambitious team players with excellent interpersonal skills and a get-up-and-go attitude. Our fast-paced growth and unique company culture welcomes new employees and inspires them to thrive.
What would I be doing as Sales Placement at Egress?
Our Sales department is crucial to generating new business and managing existing customers. The successful candidate will undertake Sales training and gain a wide range of experience in a rapidly growing international software business.
The role will involve the following:
- Promoting Egress Products and Services to customers through Egress’ Business Development process
- Identifying and Contacting potential new businesses as pre-defined in the Sales Territory Plans via various channels including phone, email, and social media.
- Undertaking team outfit-themed call-out campaigns to generate leads for new business and managing the new customer process (using BANT qualification models)
- Managing Inbound leads generated through Trial Downloads, Web Enquiries, Web Chats, Webinars, Events, etc.
- Becoming an expert in the information security industry, including knowledge of products, competitors, and customer requirements
- Using your product expertise to advise customers on how Egress can be used to meet their requirements and develop their business
- Meeting quarterly targets aimed at increasing pipeline, revenue and performance
Who is Egress looking for?
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic second year student at university who is studying in a UK based university, predicted a 2:1 or above in any degree. We don’t expect you to have previous experience in Sales (although previous exposure would be beneficial). You will be well-suited if you are interested in pursuing a career in a role similar to this.
These role will suit you if:
- You are good at building relationships
- You have first-class communication skills
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You are self-motivated, reliable, and able to work on own initiative and in a team
- You have good persuasion and negotiation skills
- You are computer literate – able to produce letters, e-mails, reports
- You are computer numerate – able to produce reports and spreadsheets
- You are energetic, enthusiastic and target motivated
- You are process-driven
- You are target driven and money motivated
- You are a team player who drives a healthy competitive environment but also reliable and able to work on their own initiative
- You are interested in IT and emerging technologies
Where will the role be based?
The role will be based at Egress’ headquarters in Old Street, London.
To protect the wellbeing of our employees, our company policy states that all employees must live within a 90-minute commute or be willing to relocate for the year.
How can I apply?
If you think you could be our next Sales Placement Student, please send us your CV and accompanying Cover Letter by clicking the ‘Apply now’.
Please note that applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
- Charity events
- Monthly socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company kick off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
Our London office
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.