We're looking for an Engineer who is enthusiastic about manual and automation testing, with a motivation to learn something new.
The Workspace team are responsible for the entirety of the development of the Egress Secure Workspace product – a secure online file sharing and collaboration platform. We work with a mixture of Python (using the Flask framework) and Node.js in our backend and Vue.js and jQuery in our frontend. We deploy using Docker and Microsoft Azure Cloud services an evolving microservice.
Responsibilities will include:
Rather than having separate roles for different functions within the team, all QA Engineers work on manual, automation, and performance testing. We mostly do API testing and UI Automation testing too.
- An Engineer who is enthusiastic about manual and automation testing, with a motivation to learn something new whilst bringing in new experiences of testing to our team.
- The QA would need to be able to have some knowledge or prepared to learn the fundamentals of UI testing and API testing.
- Ideally have some experience of Automation testing:
- Some experience with Selenium Webdriver
- Familiar with Git
- Happy working across Linux & Windows platforms
- Knowledge of the Agile process (Scrum/Kanban).
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- £2000 employee referral scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus. It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.