Our Diversity and Belonging Forum is for everyone - just like our workplace.
Our roles have a strong focus on DevOps Engineering, creating test environments and building CI/CD pipelines in Microsoft Azure.
Egress Software Technologies provides industry and government-certified encryption and data security services that prevent the most harmful phishing attacks and give you choice and control over how you securely share sensitive information. Rather than having separate roles for different functions within the team, all QA Engineers work on manual, performance, systems and automation testing. Our roles have a strong focus on DevOps Engineering, creating test environments and building CI/CD pipelines in Microsoft Azure.
This role is a full-time, permanent position.
Core responsibilities will include:
- developing detailed test plan documentation based on project requirements
- developing automated test platforms from scratch
- logging and describing issues discovered during testing
- interacting with Software Developers to resolve issues discovered during testing
- interacting with clients to resolve issues encountered when working with third-party products
- creating real-world test environments from scratch
- developing and enhancing automated test platforms
The position would ideally suit a highly sociable and charismatic individual who is professional, well organised, and exhibits a keen eye for detail.
The ideal candidate will possess a natural communication style and have ability to build effective relationships both within an Agile development team and with the wider business, as well as:
- Experience of manual testing in an Agile environment
- Experience with bug tracking and test management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- A high aptitude for Problem Solving
- An ability to change pace very quickly & and multi-task
Any exposure to the following technologies would be desirable:
- Testing .NET applications
- Automation testing tools – e.g Selenium, codedUI, white etc
- VMWare Tools / ESXi
- Python scripting
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme