Tell me a bit about your team?
The Workspace team are responsible for the entirety of the development of the Egress Secure Workspace product – a secure online file sharing and collaboration platform. We work with a mixture of Python (using the Flask framework) and Node.js in our backend and Vue.js and jQuery in our frontend. We deploy using Docker and Microsoft Azure Cloud services an evolving microservice
What roles do you have available?
Rather than having separate roles for different functions within the team, all QA Engineers work on manual, automation, and performance testing. We mostly do API testing and UI Automation testing too.
What sort of person are you looking for?
- A QA Engineer who is enthusiastic about manual and automation testing, with a motivation to learn something new whilst bringing in new experiences of testing to our team.
- The QA would need to be able to have some knowledge or prepared to learn the fundamentals of UI testing and API testing.
- Ideally have experience of Automation testing:
- UI and/or API testing e.g. RestSharp, SpecFlow, Selenium or Playwright
- Familiar with object orientated programming in any language
- Familiar with Git
- Familiar with Azure DevOps
- Happy working across Linux & Windows platforms
- Knowledge of the Agile process (Scrum/Kanban)
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused environment. Our core values of Own It, Be Bold, Do the right thing, and Be a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, and the atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive. We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.