Head/Director of Quality Assurance
Join our QA team
Head/Director of Quality Assurance– UK
Egress is a market leader in security and encryption software, providing award winning data security solutions to a range of clients - from small to large enterprise level organisations in both the private and public sectors. In the last 3 years, we have developed from a small company with big ideas, to having a multi-award-winning status, a headcount of over 250 people and multiple offices across the UK and North America.
Our ever-expanding delivery team play a vital part in the continuous success of Egress. You will join our UK based team to head up our Quality Assurance function. As a company we have had over 10 years of success in this space and are regarded as a market leader in the services we offer.
The delivery team is responsible for the design, development and delivery of all our software solutions based on feature requirements from the Product team, bug fixes from the Support team and performance/reliability improvements from the QA team.
The team is made up of product focussed teams with embedded developer and quality assurance engineers structured under senior leadership under Egress CTO.
Heads of/Directors manage a significant departmental sub function or a group of departments within a broader corporate function. Integrates functional strategies and develops specific objectives for the area of control. Develops policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Manages through subordinate managers working collaboratively and mentoring them, as necessary. Possesses a broad knowledge of all areas within the particular Corporate sub-function or departments.
- At least seven years of QA experience in fast growing development companies
- Thorough knowledge of QA toolsets, processes, and procedures
- Strong understanding of email technologies
- End to end cross application testing experience.
- Track record of improvement to QA teams
- Demonstrable examples of coaching/mentoring direct reports or more junior sales colleagues.
- A clear track record of career progression in all new roles/companies
- Drive the entire QA function within Egress (functional, non-functional, end to end, and deployment)
- Devises and directs all QA activities including planning and implementing team structure as well as staffing and training of the QA teams.
- Establishes, tracks and is held accountable for quality of the software products.
- Reports to the CTO on a weekly basis regarding progress and issues
- Ensures all subordinate QA team members develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of the complete Egress Product and Services portfolio, especially with relevance to the assurance of quality.
- Provides advice and guidance to direct reports who have management responsibilities themselves, ensuring they are attentive to their own team members, especially completing regular reviews in a timely manner.
- Assists team members where required to ensure quality is maintained and deadline delays avoided.
- Oversees the recruitment process of new team members, and in conjunction with the CTO and Director of Software Development.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.
Egress Software Technologies Limited – 12th Floor, White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF, UK. Company number 06393598.
Our mission is to eliminate the most complex cybersecurity challenge every organisation faces: insider risk. We understand that people get hacked, make mistakes, and break the rules. To prevent these human-activated breaches, we have built the only Human Layer Security platform that defends against inbound and outbound threats.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do:
We're a Great Place to Work
Egress is proud to hold a Great Place to Work Certification™. This recognition highlights our commitment to making Egress an exciting, rewarding and supportive place to work. We’re deeply proud of our unique company culture and we’re delighted to see this reflected in the results of the survey. Continuing to foster this culture means that we can support and nurture great talent, with our employees able to provide exceptional products and services to our growing customer base.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme