Product Management Placement 2020
We are offering an exceptional opportunity for an undergraduate to take part in a 12-month placement in our Tech Services team as part of your university degree based in our London office commencing in Summer 2021.
Egress Software Technologies is now looking for a new Product Management Placement!
Position: Product Management Placement
Location: White Collar Factory, Old Street, London
Role Requirements: Second Year Undergraduate Student at a UK-based University, predicted a 2:1 or above in a computer science or related degree
Duration: 12 months, commencing Summer 2021
Salary: £18,000 per Annum
Who are Egress?
Our vision is for a connected world in which people communicate efficiently and securely. To achieve this, we provide human layer security to protect individual users and stop breaches before they happen. Our patented technologies are built using leading-edge contextual machine learning and powerful encryption that mitigate modern risks in ways that other solutions simply can’t achieve. Today, we provide intelligent email security and collaboration solutions that prevent accidental and intentional breaches, protect sensitive data, and equip CISOs and their teams with the detailed reporting required for compliance purposes.
Egress is headquartered in London, with regional offices in the UK, the US, Canada and the Netherlands.
Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices has been recognised at The National Undergraduate Employability Awards, where we have been shortlisted four years in a row for the ‘Best Small to Medium-sized Employer’.
Our Placement community consists of ambitious team players with excellent interpersonal skills and a get-up-and-go attitude. Our fast-paced growth and unique company culture welcomes new employees and inspires them to thrive.
What would I be doing as Product Management Placement?
Our Product Managers have broad responsibilities and every day may be different. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team of software engineers, designers and technical services engineers, and work closely with business and marketing stakeholders to ensure alignment to strategic goals.
Egress are looking for a talented, innovative student who is interested in technology to join our Product Management team. You would report directly to the Director of Product Management and work closely with teams across the whole business.
The role will involve the following:
- Holding workshops with stakeholders to understand product feature requirements
- Getting feedback from customers and competitive intelligence
- Writing detailed user stories to deliver product features
- Assisting in product management related projects
- Maintaining the product wiki to ensure latest product specifications are up to date with relevant product releases
- Integrating product collaboration tools to streamline work between feature requirements and product development
Who is Egress looking for?
We’re looking for undergraduates with a curious, creative mind, who love solving problems. We understand you might not know everything about the role quite yet, but we are looking for innovative, talented individuals who are interested in Product Management, are keen to learn, with an interest in pursuing a career in a similar role.
You’ll need a strong passion for technology, an analytical mind and be comfortable translating product features into detailed engineering requirements. Being a team player is key, as you’ll be working with lots of colleagues across technology to bring solutions to life. Great communication skills are essential in order to gain support for your ideas and understand the wider business context.
The placement would suit a person who is a:
- Strong communicator, verbally and visually with superb interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker
- Decisive with a can-do attitude
- Able to prioritise and execute well under pressure
To protect the wellbeing of our employees, our company policy states that all employees must live within a 90-minute commute or be willing to relocate for the year.
The role will be based at Egress’ headquarters in Old Street, London. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented a number of working from home measures at Egress. Pre-pandemic, every Egress office was a fantastic place to work. Now, with remote working the ‘new normal’, we’ve made sure that we’ve kept the great office atmosphere, wherever you’re working. Weekly all staff calls, our new ‘Home Working Legend of the Week’ award, and regular giveaways mean the Egress culture is definitely still in full flow.
How can I apply?
If you think you could be our next Product Management Placement Student, please send us your CV and accompanying Cover Letter. Please note that applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is 18th January 2021
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.