If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in Software Engineering.
Our Core team work on some of the most exciting innovations across the business. We are now looking for a remarkable Principal Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team within the core infrastructure squad responsible for our core cloud platform. This platform underpins all our technology and is critical infrastructure for Egress.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you'll play a huge role across both the architecture and development of our products, turning our roadmap into reality and delivering essential services to our customers. As a thought leader in the team, which are based remotely around the world, you will drive innovation and fast paced delivery.
This role is a full-time, permanent position. With your help we will:
- Design, implement and maintain backend software to secure critical communication systems, primarily using .NET technology stack on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Automate solution delivery by producing reusable tools and scripting built with PowerShell, Terraform, and Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- Design and embed platform monitoring to ensure production metrics deliver capacity and availability monitoring.
- Investigate root causes of issues, including in production, when multiple systems and products are involved, or assist other teams in doing so.
- Lead by example in software engineering and communication.
- Work closely with other developers and testers to deliver shippable and deployable software that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Embrace and research new technologies working with Innovation to keep Egress at the forefront of Cyber Security Technologies.
- Work closely with the Site Reliability Engineering team to ensure standardised practices for reducing unplanned downtime, and with the Security team to ensure best practices security is applied.
We are looking for any experience in the following:
- Seen as an expert in development.
- Capability to challenge and influence others using objective rather than subjective data and viewpoints.
- Ability to lead others in their field.
- History of deploying software onto both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrates a working experience of serverless technologies like containerisation, serverless cloud services, AKS etc.
- Strong awareness of security practices in development.
- Familiarity working with a diverse and remote development team.
- .Net / C#
- Authentication frameworks experiences (single sign on flows, SAML-P, OpenID Connect)
- Database system - MS SQL, PostgreSQL, No-SQL databases (Azure Tables, MongoDB)
- Azure storage services - Azure Storage Accounts, Amazon S3
- Strong understanding on how email works
- Microsoft Graph API
- Web Development – Vue, REACT, TypeScript
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.