Mobile QA Engineer
Join our QA team in Sheffield
Tell me a bit about your team?
The Mobile team are responsible for the development of the Egress Secure Email and Egress Secure Workspace mobile products across iOS and Android. A key focus of our QA function this year is to improve our automation frameworks, removing the need for repetitive manual testing and increasing the number of releases.
What roles do you have available?
All of our QA engineers are embedded into product development teams and are responsible for a wide range of testing activities, including but not limited to manual, automation, performance, security and resiliency testing. Our teams are strongly focussed on DevOps methodologies and our QA Engineers can build test environments and CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps.
What do you bring to the party?
You are an engineer who is passionate about testing apps and analytics, obsessed with both finding and solving problems, and keenly focused on delivering high quality to customers.
- 2-5 years of software testing or development experience
- Proven experience in testing mobile apps, background in QA methodologies and thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Familiarity with CI (e.g.Azure DevOps), and test automation tools (e.g. Selenium or Appium using C#) is a big plus
- ISTQB testing certification and experience in Agile processes (SCRUM) is a plus
For this position you may work either at our Sheffield office or remotely.
Our mission is to eliminate the most complex cybersecurity challenge every organisation faces: insider risk. We understand that people get hacked, make mistakes, and break the rules. To prevent these human-activated breaches, we have built the only Human Layer Security platform that defends against inbound and outbound threats.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do:
We're a Great Place to Work
Egress is proud to hold a Great Place to Work Certification™. This recognition highlights our commitment to making Egress an exciting, rewarding and supportive place to work. We’re deeply proud of our unique company culture and we’re delighted to see this reflected in the results of the survey. Continuing to foster this culture means that we can support and nurture great talent, with our employees able to provide exceptional products and services to our growing customer base.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme
Our Sheffield office
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus. It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.