IT Operations Engineer
Join our Operations team in Boston
Egress are now looking for an IT Operations Engineer!
Egress Software Technologies is an award-winning provider of encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information via a single platform. Egress encryption services are currently used by organisations around the world across multiple sectors. We’re proud of our award-winning technology which is the very best in the business, at the 2016 Computing Security Awards we were named ‘Cloud Security Solution of the Year’. In the past 3 years our headcount has doubled and our recruitment efforts in targeting graduates, placement students and apprentices was recognised at Rate my Placement’s 2018 National Undergraduate Employability award where we were shortlisted for the ‘Best Small to Medium-sized Employer’.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, driven individuals to join our IT Operations team.
What would I be doing as a IT Operations Placement?
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to take their first steps in an IT Operations role in a software-based IT Security organisation. The team is charged with designing, maintaining and developing our internal IT infrastructure – both on-site and cloud. Covering over 140 employees in five physical offices in London, Sheffield, Barnsley, Boston and Toronto, the Operations team supports a mixture of Windows and Linux on the desktop, a virtualised server environment running on Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi and cloud-based Microsoft Office applications.
You will report to our Head of Operations, and be based in our London office. This role is ideally suited to someone who is looking for their first role in Internal Support, with a solid technical background in desktop applications and networking, who has a strong desire to succeed and pursue a career in IT Operations. We seek candidates who thrive on challenges and constantly seek to extend their technical portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with other IT Operations colleagues to learn how to address internal support tickets generated by internal employees
- Supporting the Microsoft Office and Email infrastructure from desktop to cloud
- Troubleshooting networking and VPN issues at the desktop, between Egress offices and the cloud
- Supporting all devices (mobile phones, laptops, desktops) as well as the IP-based office phone systems
- Supporting other internal applications (CRM, Zendesk, Redmine etc.)
- Driving the onward enhancement of the Egress IT Infrastructure by contributing to project based work – such as the hardware upgrades/migration.
This role will start in Summer 2018 and is a permanent position.
Would I suit this role?
This is a great opportunity for a hardworking, individual. They should be interested in building on their technical and commercial knowledge in a fast paced, cutting edge environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting desktop operating systems (Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10) and Office 2013 and Office 2016
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Deployment Services and VMWare ESXI 6.0 would be advantageous
- Demonstrable technical experience in networking, virtualisation, and cloud-based technologies
- The ability to use initiative, work accurately and effectively at a fast pace
- A sense of urgency and a passion for excellence.
How Do I Apply?
If you think you could be our next IT Operations Engineer, please submit your CV and a short covering letter on our website www.egress.com/careers/vacancies.
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- £2000 employee referral scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service