IT Operations Engineer
Location: Sheffield, UK
Egress are now looking for an IT Operations Engineer!
Egress Software Technologies is an award-winning provider of encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information via a single platform. Egress encryption services are currently used by organisations around the world across multiple sectors. We’re proud of our award-winning technology which is the very best in the business, at the 2016 Computing Security Awards we were named ‘Cloud Security Solution of the Year’. In the past 3 years our headcount has doubled and our recruitment efforts in targeting graduates, placement students and apprentices was recognised at Rate my Placement’s 2018 National Undergraduate Employability award where we were shortlisted for the ‘Best Small to Medium-sized Employer’.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, driven individuals to join our IT Operations team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to take their first steps in an IT Operations role in a software-based IT Security organisation. The team is charged with designing, maintaining and developing our internal IT infrastructure – both on-site and cloud. Covering over 140 employees in five physical offices in London, Sheffield, Barnsley, Boston and Toronto, the Operations team supports a mixture of Windows and Linux on the desktop, a virtualised server environment running on Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi and cloud-based Microsoft Office applications.
You will report to our Head of Operations, and be based in our London office. This role is ideally suited to someone who is looking for their first role in Internal Support, with a solid technical background in desktop applications and networking, who has a strong desire to succeed and pursue a career in IT Operations. We seek candidates who thrive on challenges and constantly seek to extend their technical portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with other IT Operations colleagues to learn how to address internal support tickets generated by internal employees
- Supporting the Microsoft Office and Email infrastructure from desktop to cloud
- Troubleshooting networking and VPN issues at the desktop, between Egress offices and the cloud
- Supporting all devices (mobile phones, laptops, desktops) as well as the IP-based office phone systems
- Supporting other internal applications (CRM, Zendesk, Redmine etc.)
- Driving the onward enhancement of the Egress IT Infrastructure by contributing to project based work – such as the hardware upgrades/migration.
This role will start in Summer 2018 and is a permanent position.
This is a great opportunity for a hardworking, individual. They should be interested in building on their technical and commercial knowledge in a fast paced, cutting edge environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting desktop operating systems (Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10) and Office 2013 and Office 2016
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Deployment Services and VMWare ESXI 6.0 would be advantageous
- Demonstrable technical experience in networking, virtualisation, and cloud-based technologies
- The ability to use initiative, work accurately and effectively at a fast pace
- A sense of urgency and a passion for excellence.
The base salary for this position is £16,000 - £22,000 per annum depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
- Free eye vouchers
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Egress perks portal – retail discount scheme
- Pool league
- Friday beer o’clock
- Charity events.
If you think you could be our next IT Operations Engineer, please submit your CV and a short covering letter on our website www.egress.com/careers/vacancies.