If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that will obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
The delivery team is responsible for the design, development and delivery of all our software solutions based on feature requirements from the Product team, bug fixes from the Support team and performance/reliability improvements from the QA team.
The team is made up of product focussed teams with embedded developer and quality assurance engineers structured under senior leadership under Egress CTO.
- Drive the entire QA function within Egress (functional, non-functional, end to end, and deployment)
- Devises and directs all QA activities including planning and implementing team structure as well as staffing and training of the QA teams.
- Establishes, tracks and is held accountable for quality of the software products.
- Reports to the CTO on a weekly basis regarding progress and issues
- Ensures all subordinate QA team members develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of the complete Egress Product and Services portfolio, especially with relevance to the assurance of quality.
- Provides advice and guidance to direct reports who have management responsibilities themselves, ensuring they are attentive to their own team members, especially completing regular reviews in a timely manner.
- Assists team members where required to ensure quality is maintained and deadline delays avoided.
- Oversees the recruitment process of new team members, and in conjunction with the CTO and Director of Software Development.
Heads of/Directors manage a significant departmental sub function or a group of departments within a broader corporate function. Integrates functional strategies and develops specific objectives for the area of control. Develops policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Manages through subordinate managers working collaboratively and mentoring them, as necessary. Possesses a broad knowledge of all areas within the particular Corporate sub-function or departments.
- At least seven years of QA experience in fast growing development companies
- Thorough knowledge of QA toolsets, processes, and procedures
- End to end cross application testing experience.
- Track record of improvement to QA teams
- Demonstrable examples of coaching/mentoring direct reports or more junior colleagues.
- A clear track record of career progression in all new roles/companies
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Culture Club, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.