Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire & Boston, MA
Egress is one of the UK's leading encryption services providers, providing award winning data security solutions to a range of clients - from small to large enterprise level organisations in both the private and public sectors. In the last 3 years, we have developed from a small company with big ideas, to having a multi-award winning status, a headcount of over 100 people and multiple offices across the UK and North America.
We seek an ambitious Dev Ops Engineer with excellent organisational, planning and interpersonal skills. You will be a vital part of the Development team, working alongside a variety of different software developers and QA engineers.
The successful candidate will ideally have 1-2 years’ experience of working in a Dev Ops environment, with familiarity on software development and infrastructure.
Reporting into our Senior Dev Ops Engineer, the principal purpose of the role is to build, improve and maintain the infrastructure and systems used for developing and releasing the company’s software.
The role is based in our Barnsley office and will involve the following:
- Participating in all aspects of the development process with a particular emphasis on ensuring best practices around testability, reliability, performance and scalability.
- Working across teams to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement in both new and existing production systems.
- Applies in-depth knowledge and domain experience to turn requirements from across functional teams into architectural elegant and production quality systems
- Researching and recommending suitable frameworks and best practices in the dev ops field.
Required skills and experience:
- BSc in Computer Science or related
- Provisioning systems such as Salt Stack (desirable) or Puppet, Chef
- Deploying infrastructure using Docker.
- Experience with firewall policy configuration and Network routing
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with colleagues and customers across multiple functions.
- Comfortable with continuous deployment and monitoring of production systems.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability in multiple programming languages and scripting technologies
- Experience with cloud based computing platforms
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Good understanding of automation tools and processes
- Good organisation and time management skills to ensure business timescales and productivity are met.
- A desire to continuously learn and develop your skills.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.